TRAX 25 Anniversary Album
25th anniversary collection album, realeased October 2011.
The two-disc package features a compilation of Trax selections plus a DVD examining the label’s history, called The House That Trax Built. Founded in Chicago by Larry Sherman, “Screamin'” Rachael Cain, Jesse Saunders, and Vince Lawrence, Trax was one of the earliest labels made specifically for house music, and remains one of the most influential today. The scrappy outfit was infamous for pressing imperfect recordings on low quality vinyl, but all the same released some of house music’s most undisputed classics, such as Frankie Knuckles’ “Your Love” and Larry Heard’s “Can You Feel It.” 25 years and a few legal battles later, Rachael Cain still runs the label, now alongside avant-garde artist and curator Jorge Cruz.
In other Trax-related news, the label is prepping future releases on a hip-house tip, by fledgling artists like MFTD, DJ Fade and DJ Swank. Meanwhile, Cain has written the script for a feature film about Chicago’s early house movement, also titled The House That Trax Built, which she says will “finally take the house movement to a new level by exposing the lifestyle and producing the Saturday Night Fever of the genre’s generation.”
01. Chuck Roberts – In the Beginning
02. Two Of A Kind – Happiness
03. Jamie Principle & Frankie Knuckles – It’s A Cold World
04. Mr. Lee – I Can’t Forget
05. Jungle Wonz – Time Marches On
06. Housemaster Boyz – Trax You Lost
07. Virgo – Do You Know Who You Are?
08. Hula – Hot Hands
09. Hercules – Lost In The Groove
10. DJ Rush – Help
11. Ralphi Rosario – You Used to Hold Me 2011
12. George Clinton & Screamin’ Rachael – Our House Is Funkatified
13. ‘Hip That House’ featuring Bloodties
Trax Records will release Trax Records: The 25th Anniversary Collection on October 18th, 2011.